Monday, October 30, 2017

Saying Goodbye to a friend - Nathaniel Arthur Baker




Classic Nate
This past week the gaming world in WI lost a great friend.  Nate Baker unexpectedly passed in a tragic Car accident on Monday October 23rd 2017. 


I have only know Nate for a few years, I meet him when I checked out the gaming scene in Baraboo.  That is also when I met Brian Ward and Phil Cook.  Nate was a regular at the Lab and any casual observer could tell he was extremely well liked and respected by everyone.




Gaming crowd from Baraboo at the visitation
This past Saturday was the visitation honoring Nate.  While it was a sad occasion it was nice to see some of the guys from that area.  Many stories of Nate where shared, and it was clear that he was well loved and always had a smile and helping hand to lend for anyone in need.


My experiences with Nate revolved around gaming and Bolt Action in particular.  I will say he was one of the friendliest, but most fearsome opponents I ever faced.  Whenever Nate had the opportunity he enjoyed playing the underdogs as well and the unique, which is probably why the Polish and Romanians where his go to forces.


I will never forget recce-gate before recce was modified or Nate's dislike for flamethrower units back when they could really ruin your day.  Despite how poorly a game might be going for Nate he always had a good attitude and a smile  He was that player who no matter the outcome you just enjoyed playing and being around.


Nate, you will be missed my friend.  Here is hoping you always roll 6s.  😉


2 comments: